Monday, September 12, 2005

(the Mount DOOM bridge)
WELCOME TO SAVANNAH:
Home of ghosts, homeless people, druggies, voodoo rituals, starving artists, and just plain WEIRD people!

I've been here for a mere two days and I'm having the time of my life. No art yet, sorry. Classes start wednesday. Though as soon as I have something to post, I definately will. Until then I've been photographing my experiences so far. Here's my impressions so far.


For some reason when I started heading off to college, I had this feeling that I was heading off to Hogwarts in a way. Like Harry Potter... I know sorta silly right? yeah but once I had my HUGE trunk of entertainment, my bertie botts beans, and my trusty laptop, I was set. Then, I get a look at this place

Ellibris, or BARNES AND NOBLES COLLEGE EDITION! Definate magic feeling stepping into this building, just look at the pictures below. There were FOUR FLOORS of art supplies ranging everything from books, to entertainment, paints, paper of all different sizes and texture... sorta a nice WELCOME TO COLLEGE ART KIDS!



You're always going to see some creepy person on the side of the street, just keep walking. (some are becoming regulars and I guess I'll see em everyday) I bent today for an old guy who needed money for his brother and him to get on a bus... Fraid I won't be able to keep doing that, hope God'll understand.

I'll post more later. Right now I'm working on a new idea for a book... movie... thing.
There's a whole storyline to it, here's a quick blip
Thomas Wilheim has always believed that there is really magic in the world. Ever since he was poked in the eye at the age of seven by a 'fairy', he has dedicated his life to tracking down original manuscripts and folklore in order to solve the mystery, is there still magic in the world? We meet Thomas at his current home in Savannah (if you walk the streets you'll know why) where his step niece Karen has just joined him for the summer (her parents are getting divorced) which sets them off on the adventure of a lifetime. The first book is about Thomas meeting up with strange characters; Hobb the dwarf who lives in the alleyways; Fenswick the elf who has been banished to the world of men, and the swamp witch of Georgia (more a voodoo lady than a witch there are four that rule the known world) who sets Thomas and Karen out on a bigger and more important quest; to destroy the Dark Witch.

Dark Witch- the same evil mother who tries to kill 'Snow White', at her wedding day her feet were burned and she crawled away. She then stole away a child locking her in a tower, hoping to someday train her in the dark arts and take back all that was hers. But fate would prove differently as her long locks and isolation brought the girl into the hands of Snow White's son. Once again the dark witch is thwarted, on the way towards her escape she came across a dying wolf able of speech who has been cut in half. The wolf had tried to eat a family but an axe men severed him in two. He swears he'll serve her if she saves his life, the witch agrees. The Witch realizes the authorities will soon be after her so she escapes through her mirrors sending her body and soul to a complete other demention where no one will ever find her and she can rebuild her strength. Servants to the queen hid the mirrors around the globe along with the only weapon (5 swords of the different races that have to be wielded together into one blade.) powerful enough to destroy the witch entirely.

Thomas and Karen meet dragons, the horsemen of the forbidden forest (or a cult of headless horsemen), elves, mermaids, talking animals, gypsies... and a bunch more of odd characters on their quest. The school offers help in writing, which I hope to utilize on this project.

Cheers

Chris

2 comments:

Christopher Heady said...

Absolutely would love any ideas you have. I'd have to get you to know the grand storyline of thought but definately any ideas that you have fire em to christopherheady@hotmail.com

Chuck Rose said...

So great to hear from you toight Chris. I'm happy to hear that book cam in handy. I can't wait to see the results of your work from it.

You have set off on a grand adventure, and it sounds like you've started on the right foot. May your grades be as high as your enthusiasm.

BTW, Bill's new bio pic is pretty cool, huh?