Friday, September 23, 2005

My first nude
and some value studies that I'm rather proud of.
(a promise to the rose boys)
Especially the head of the old man and the woman who is blinded by the scarf.
Not really as proud of the nude... I liked it when it was more elemental. I hope we get some variety with these nude models. Seriously. haha but it's so weird cause there's this naked woman there all chill and you don't know if you should say anything to her. But I'm liking it down here. My teachers are great and I've learned so much in already two weeks.





2 comments:

Chuck Rose said...

Hey Chris,
I remember my first life drawing classes too. Forget about the fact that the model is nude. It doesn't matter. You are there to explore how the figure is put together and how you represent that in a drawing.

In looking at these drawings my first bit of advice is... COMPARE, COMPARE, COMPARE. Always compare each part of the drawing to all the othe parts of the drawing.

For example, look at the second drawing in this post. It looks like you got to the hand and your brain said."OK, that's a hand."

Concentrate and problem solve. That's what drawing is. Keep looking at shapes and patterns.

If you drew an imaginary horizontal line where the base of her thumb intersected her thigh, would it be where you drew it?

That's the kind of question you must ask yourself throughout the drawing process.

Keep it up Chris, yoou're off to a good start.

Chuck

Chuck Rose said...

Time to check back in dude. Let's see how you have progressed. C'mon. Post!