Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Well I haven't been on here in a while to post anything new. I've been so busy lately with trying to get ready for college and the work on Youtes has been slow. But since this IS a blog for me to post my works in progress, then I should show you what I've done. This is a picture of the original black and white and the color is that of it in it's current state. Recently it was brought to my attention an easier way to do shadows, as my current style is extremely tedious and this new style would allow me to produce more of the comic faster. Three panels that I simply love is the black backdrop for the first two frames along with the blood red sky in the "over my dead rumpus" panel. I'm also proud at how straight those boxes are. If you look at www.youtes.com you'll see that most of the panel boxes that I drew were slanted and not very straight.





I've been practicing out this new form of shadowing through a birthday present for my friend Bagmi Das. You may remember seeing her character drawing earlier this month. This will hopefully end up being a miniposter which she can hang up in her room. Because the poster will be larger than an 8 1/2 by 11 I will end up using two and blend them together. It will be composited of mostly her favorite pieces of literature but as you can see from the picture it also incorperates her dance practicing and love for music.

Now this is it in an early sketch of it, and you can see the blue pencil lines... which should've disappeared, but I guess it wasn't a black and white scan. My scanner's amazing but weird. Now something that changes between the sketch and the current is Bagmi dancing. I didn't feel that the original sketch turned out very well (I didn't exactly plan it out as I had hoped)
So what I did is I scanned in a picture of her dancing and the texture was weird. So I blurred it and added a shadow (which I found out how to do through Chuck) I'm really proud of it so far and am determined to finish it before shipping off.

1 comment:

Carolyn said...

Wow, I really like your stuff! (I stumbled on it via Chuck Rose who is a fave of mine). I'll definately be back to check it out every now and then!