Sunday, August 28, 2005

Mom's 50th birthday went by successfully! Yay huzzah! Youtes is going slow lately but I have been involved with other projects lately, big one's been MY LIFE but I think most of the art projects that I've been setting up for lately I'm in for the long term.
Charlie and Caitlin (Chuck or Bill tell me if it's spelled differently) Rose are taking the helm this years project which I helmed last year, the annual Halloween couldesack. This year's project is a DARK WONDERLAND. I found these pictures on my computer from a while ago of one of the first printings of the wonderland stories.




I must admit I love the dreariness of the landscape. The dull colors makes it rather depressing already and a tad surreal. Definately will have to take a class in storybook artwork while at SCAD.

4 comments:

Chuck Rose said...

Wow. I've never seen these before. Who's the illustrator?

Christopher Heady said...

http://www.sabian.org/Alice/lg08.gif
Here's another odd image from wonderland.

Arthur Rackham is responsible for all but one of the images. the one of the slightly odd trees which I believe was done quite recently and Bill is so fond of. I don't think it was from Wonderland but more of just the fairy tale imagination category.

Chuck Rose said...

Hey Chris,
Your portrait is finished. But I'm afraid it won't be dry before you leave for school. It still needs a coat of varnish too. So you may have to pick it up when you come home for Thanksgiving.

It's on my blog if you want to check it out.

Chuck Rose said...

Hey Chris,
Here is a link to something you can use to hang stuff on the wall without holes or sticky stuff.


http://www.3m.com/intl/ca/english/centres/home_leisure/command/products/index.jhtml